Problem: Space between Images

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Fabrice Seeger, Dec 22, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I have a problem. I'm trying to get a design based on images.
    The problem is, that there is a bit space between three images.
    Iused stylesheets for it but it don't work yet.
    Please help me.
    You can contact me here or write to

    Thank you!

    Greetings Fabrice

    #Header {
    position:absolute;
    text-align:center;
    float:left;
    top:0px;
    right:0px;
    left: 0px;
    height:117px;
    width:760px;
    padding:0;
    }

    #Header img {
    margin:0;
    border:0;
    }
    Fabrice Seeger, Dec 22, 2005

  2. Fabrice Seeger

    Els Guest

    Fabrice Seeger wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a problem. I'm trying to get a design based on images.
    > The problem is, that there is a bit space between three images.
    > Iused stylesheets for it but it don't work yet.
    > Please help me.
    > You can contact me here or write to
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Greetings Fabrice
    >
    > #Header {
    > position:absolute;
    > text-align:center;
    > float:left;
    > top:0px;
    > right:0px;
    > left: 0px;
    > height:117px;
    > width:760px;
    > padding:0;
    > }

    So... what do you want the header to do?
    Float to the left?
    Position it to the left?
    Position it to the right?
    You can't have it do all at once, you'll have to make a choice.

    > #Header img {
    > margin:0;
    > border:0;
    > }

    That only tells me you have no margins or borders on those images.
    It doesn't say anything at all about why you might have gaps, where
    the images are, how big they are, or even if they are vertically or
    horizontally stacked. *If* they're stacked. You'll have to give more
    information, preferably an online working example, so people can see
    what you did and what the result is.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Dec 22, 2005

  3. Els schrieb:
    > Fabrice Seeger wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have a problem. I'm trying to get a design based on images.
    >> The problem is, that there is a bit space between three images.
    >> Iused stylesheets for it but it don't work yet.
    >> Please help me.
    >> You can contact me here or write to
    >>
    >> Thank you!
    >>
    >> Greetings Fabrice
    >>
    >> #Header {
    >> position:absolute;
    >> text-align:center;
    >> float:left;
    >> top:0px;
    >> right:0px;
    >> left: 0px;
    >> height:117px;
    >> width:760px;
    >> padding:0;
    >> }

    > So... what do you want the header to do?
    > Float to the left?
    > Position it to the left?
    > Position it to the right?
    > You can't have it do all at once, you'll have to make a choice.
    >
    >> #Header img {
    >> margin:0;
    >> border:0;
    >> }

    > That only tells me you have no margins or borders on those images.
    > It doesn't say anything at all about why you might have gaps, where
    > the images are, how big they are, or even if they are vertically or
    > horizontally stacked. *If* they're stacked. You'll have to give more
    > information, preferably an online working example, so people can see
    > what you did and what the result is.

    Sorry:)
    You can visit the page at http://ats.zyria.de/
    There you could see the problem.

    >> text-align:center;
    >> float:left;
    >> top:0px;
    >> right:0px;
    >> left: 0px;

    That is to give a position to the box.

    Hope that helps :)

    Greetings Fabrice
    Fabrice Seeger, Dec 22, 2005
  4. Fabrice Seeger

    Els Guest

    Fabrice Seeger wrote:

    > Els schrieb:
    >> Fabrice Seeger wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I have a problem. I'm trying to get a design based on images.
    >>> The problem is, that there is a bit space between three images.
    >>> Iused stylesheets for it but it don't work yet.
    >>> Please help me.
    >>> You can contact me here or write to
    >>>
    >>> Thank you!
    >>>
    >>> Greetings Fabrice
    >>>
    >>> #Header {
    >>> position:absolute;
    >>> text-align:center;
    >>> float:left;
    >>> top:0px;
    >>> right:0px;
    >>> left: 0px;
    >>> height:117px;
    >>> width:760px;
    >>> padding:0;
    >>> }

    >> So... what do you want the header to do?
    >> Float to the left?
    >> Position it to the left?
    >> Position it to the right?
    >> You can't have it do all at once, you'll have to make a choice.
    >>
    >>> #Header img {
    >>> margin:0;
    >>> border:0;
    >>> }

    >> That only tells me you have no margins or borders on those images.
    >> It doesn't say anything at all about why you might have gaps, where
    >> the images are, how big they are, or even if they are vertically or
    >> horizontally stacked. *If* they're stacked. You'll have to give more
    >> information, preferably an online working example, so people can see
    >> what you did and what the result is.
    >>

    > Sorry:)
    > You can visit the page at http://ats.zyria.de/
    > There you could see the problem.
    >
    > >> text-align:center;
    > >> float:left;
    > >> top:0px;
    > >> right:0px;
    > >> left: 0px;

    > That is to give a position to the box.
    >
    > Hope that helps :)

    The clarification helps, but that code doesn't help giving any
    position.

    You are mixing old deprecated code with the latest doctype and
    unnecessary dreamweaver image swap stuff. The code doesn't validate,
    and I think you should start by writing simple code first. Forget
    Dreamweaver. Write a simple page in plain HTML with a strict doctype.
    No XHTML.

    Example:
    http://here.locusmeus.com/temp/fabrice.html
    Compare the amount of code with your page ;-)

    BTW, I removed the target attributes in the image map - I'm guessing
    '_sonst' is the name of another frame? Don't use frames, they're
    unnecessary and have plenty of disadvantages.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Dec 22, 2005
  5. Els schrieb:
    > The clarification helps, but that code doesn't help giving any
    > position.

    Now it does :)

    > You are mixing old deprecated code with the latest doctype and
    > unnecessary dreamweaver image swap stuff. The code doesn't validate,
    > and I think you should start by writing simple code first. Forget
    > Dreamweaver. Write a simple page in plain HTML with a strict doctype.
    > No XHTML.

    For explanation: I'm going to rewrite that page for a friend. He build
    up that page any years ago. No i'm trying to make it modern and correct.
    I'm using the VI and not Dreamweaver and i just started rewriting that
    page :)))

    > Example:
    > http://here.locusmeus.com/temp/fabrice.html
    > Compare the amount of code with your page ;-)

    Thank you for helping me.

    > BTW, I removed the target attributes in the image map - I'm guessing
    > '_sonst' is the name of another frame? Don't use frames, they're
    > unnecessary and have plenty of disadvantages.

    I never use framesets :). The target is from the older version.

    I'm glad to find help here.

    Greetings Fabrice
    Fabrice Seeger, Dec 22, 2005