Problem to connect client and server in junit test

Discussion in 'Java' started by mike, Oct 23, 2007.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    Hi,

    I have the following test ( see below)

    Everything is fine until start my AlarmNotificationManager that tries
    to connect to the AlarmNotificationServer that runs in a separate
    thread. When I call the start() that calls connect()
    my code breaks on the following line in the AlarmNotificationServer:

    connector = JMXConnectorFactory.connect(url, null);

    Any hints?

    cheers,

    //mikael

    Test class
    ========

    public void testSendAlarm()throws Exception{
    Runnable runnable = new AlarmNotificationThread();
    Thread thread = new Thread(runnable);
    thread.start();

    AlarmNotificationManager anm =
    AlarmNotificationManager.getInstance();
    anm.start();

    }

    public class AlarmNotificationThread implements Runnable {
    // This method is called when the thread runs
    public void run() {
    AlarmNotifcationServer.main(new String []{});

    AlarmNotificationManager
    ====================

    public void start(){
    connect();
    //Some other code.

    }

    public void connect() {
    try {
    // Create JMX Agent URL
    JMXServiceURL url = new JMXServiceURL(
    "service:jmx:jmxmp://localhost:1099");

    // Connect the JMXConnector
    connector = JMXConnectorFactory.connect(url, null);

    // Get the MBeanServerConnection
    mbsc = connector.getMBeanServerConnection();
    } catch (MalformedURLException mue) {
    LOG.debug("Incorrect URL", mue);
    } catch (IOException ioe) {
    LOG.debug("could not connect to server!", ioe);
    }

    This is the error message that I get:

    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
    javax.management.MBeanServer.getClassLoaderRepository()Ljavax/
    management/loading/ClassLoaderRepository;
    at javax.management.remote.generic.ServerIntermediary
    $3.run(ServerIntermediary.java:971)
    at
    javax.management.remote.generic.ServerIntermediary.getClassLoaderRepository(ServerIntermediary.java:
    968)
    at javax.management.remote.generic.ServerIntermediary.access
    $000(ServerIntermediary.java:72)
    at javax.management.remote.generic.ServerIntermediary
    $1.run(ServerIntermediary.java:120)
    at
    javax.management.remote.generic.ServerIntermediary.<init>(ServerIntermediary.java:
    117)
    at javax.management.remote.generic.GenericConnectorServer
    $ClientCreation.run(GenericConnectorServer.java:451)
    at com.sun.jmx.remote.opt.util.ThreadService
    $ThreadServiceJob.run(ThreadService.java:208)
    at com.sun.jmx.remote.opt.util.JobExecutor.run(JobExecutor.java:59)
    Oct 23, 2007 6:29:01 PM GenericConenctor RequestHandler-
    connectionException

    mike, Oct 23, 2007