problem to convert integer to ascii chars for LCD in vhdl

Kenneth

Hi,

I'm currently having problem to convert integer value (i.e. 1000 in
decimal) to ascii characters so that I could display on the LCD using
vhdl code. Could anyone has any recommendation in solving this as im
still very new to vhdl code, certain syntax im still learning. I need
this part urgently, it is for my school project. Thanks alots.

regards
Kenneth

Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
convert text to ascii in vhdl

can anyone help me out with the code for converting text to ascii? i have been racking my brain to get it but just cannot---i am a newbie in VHDL programming and that it why i am struggling on this supposedly simple program.

anyway, what I need to do is this:
each text character in a plain text file is to be converted to it's ascii code.

for ex: A converted to ASCII[A]

thanks in advance!