    this part urgently, it is for my school project. Thanks alots.

    regards
    Kenneth

    Kenneth, Aug 20, 2003

  2. In 1993 an attibute is added to the VHDL language.
    If int is an integer value the following will give the string:
    integer'image(int)

    Another solution is to use a package "image_pb.vhd"
    see: http://members.aol.com/vhdlcohen/vhdl/Models.html

    Egbert Molenkamp

    Egbert Molenkamp, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Kenneth

    cheapterp

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    convert text to ascii in vhdl

    can anyone help me out with the code for converting text to ascii? i have been racking my brain to get it but just cannot---i am a newbie in VHDL programming and that it why i am struggling on this supposedly simple program.

    anyway, what I need to do is this:
    each text character in a plain text file is to be converted to it's ascii code.

    for ex: A converted to ASCII[A]

    thanks in advance!

    cheapterp, Aug 20, 2007