Problem to Create a New .NET Project

Guest

Hi there,
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my VS.NET? Recently I am trying to
create a new Web project by the VS.NET 2003 in the win2000 prof, however I
get a message say:"VS.NET has detect that the specified Web server is not
running ASP.NET version1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
applications."

I have done following to try to get rid this problem.
1) remove the framework 2.0 beta from Window "Add/remove programs" and
registry (I installed the framework 2.0 beta for trying before. Before I
installed it, my vs.net was working well. I'm not sure if the fw2.0 causes me
above problem or not?)
2) check if the ASP.NET State Service in Serviceis on or not? (yes, on);
3) reinstall the framework 1.1 by running "aspnet_regiis /i";

After I have done above solutions, the problem is still there. Dose anyone
know what is wrong, and how to solve it? Thank you so much in advance!

Guest

Thank you Juan! I tried the -i, but the problem still there. afterI run the
aspnet_regiis -i (or /i) it tell me Finished installing ASP.NET(1.1.4322.0).
Itsames install is ok . Any another idea?

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Colin.

In some cases it not only takes re-registering,
but also *first* un-registering and then re-registering.

Try, first, aspnet_regiis -u and *then* run aspnet_regiis -i.

Let us know whether that works.

Guest

Hi Juan, I did the un-registering and then re-registering, but the problem
is still there.

Colin