Problem to get URL parameters in UTF8

Uriel

Hi,

I am calling an ASP page from JavaScript using window.open(<URL>?<few
parameters>) parameters can be in Japanese so I am using encodeURI to
encode it. In the ASP files I am using Response.Charset="UTF-8" and
still when I check the URL with Request.QueryString it looks OK,
however when I call Request("<parameter name>") I get the parameter
value not in UTF8 format but in ISO-8859-1, does anyone familiar with
this? Is it a known bug with the Request object? Is there a way to
force it to deal with the data as UTF-8?

Currently the only solution I have is to taker the value from
QueryString and parse the whole URL by myself.

Thanks,

Uriel