    i have to read a directory on client computer.

    Thanks,

    Seb
    sebos, Feb 24, 2006

  2. sebos

    Ike Guest

    Hi Seb,

    Yes, I have exactly the same problem on Solaris -- this is a BUG in Java
    since 1.4.2 ! See:

    In other words, if you have more than one applet on a page, forget about it
    working on anything BUT Windows!

    It sucks, I know. The promise of platform independence! -Ike
    Ike, Feb 24, 2006

  3. sebos

    sebos Guest

    But, in my case, i have only 1 applet per page. In the first page
    (login page), an applet reads a client directory and returns values
    with JsObject to communicate with javascript. This one works well. But,
    when i go on the second page after loging, my second applet doesn t
    work (when java consoel is hidden, otherwise it's ok). It has to
    display picture found in client directory.

    I don t know how to resolve this bug ...
    sebos, Feb 25, 2006
  4. sebos

    Ike Guest

    It may be a bug in the Sun database,though, as you point out, likely a
    different bug than the one I quoted you (which I am wrestling with a
    workaround for!).

    If that is the case, perhaps you could do a workaround as follows:

    JTextArea debugTxtConsole = new JTextArea();
    PrintStream out = new PrintStream(new TextAreaOutputStream(
    debugTxtConsole) );
    System.setOut( out );
    System.setErr( out );

    //this would redirect the console output to a text area, which is not
    displayed, perhaps an ugly workaround for this problem you are having -Ike

    Ike, Feb 25, 2006
  5. sebos

    sebos Guest

    thx for your help.

    Thx for your solution. I tried it but my problem is another :-( When I
    load my jsp the first time, I have no problem, applet is correctly
    executed but the second time, the applet can't be loaded .... and
    firefox is blocked ...

    do you have an idea ?
    sebos, Mar 1, 2006
  6. sebos

    sebos Guest

    I add just Applet can't be loaded only when console is hidden. when it
    s displayed, i have no problem
    sebos, Mar 1, 2006
  7. sebos

    sebos Guest

    So ....

    My problem is due to local network and only firefox 1.5.1 ...

    When I put my applets on my web site, I have no problem... with or
    without console.

    Then, I put my applets on my first computer, and with my second i
    connect to it. With open console -> no problem. With hidden console, i
    can execute applet juste one time, and they fail the second time.
    sebos, Mar 2, 2006