problem to sign an applet

felix

Hi everybody, first of all sorry for my poor english

I want to sign an applet for Internet Explorer with J2SDK1.4.2.

The problem is that I have got a certificate and its private key (one
in each file) to sign the applet, but I have not the keystore that
created that private key. I think the idea is import the private key
and the certificate in a keystore. ¿is this correct?

If that is solution. How can I do that? I know keytool cannot import
private keys.

Thanks in advance

Ike

you have to physcially copy the private key onto your hard drive - or run it
off the floppy or wherever you have it. You dont have to use the pvk from a
keystore, you can just run it from the pvk file.

see my post here yesterday for a link that shows how to do this from a
command line, or (and I assume you are doing this in windows, since you want
to sign it for windows-specific browser), get the 'signcode' utility from MS
site. -Ike