Problem transforming with Xalan

Collin VanDyck

I'm in kind of a bind here.. I've got a transformation that disables output
escaping when I copy what is XML out of an element attribute in the source
tree back into the result tree as an XML fragment. I've run this standalone
using Xalan2/Cooktop, and it works correctly.

However, in my application, instead of the XML getting inserted into the
result tree, I get the following:

<?javax.xml.transform.disable-output-escaping?>
[actual escaped text]
<?javax.xml.transform.enable-output-escaping?>

inserted into the source tree. I do not get the PIs when running it
standalone in Cooktop/Xalan2.

It seems like for some reason it is not processing those instructions. In
my Java code, is there something I need to set during the transform to force
this to happen?

thanks,

Collin VanDyck

Hey

I figured it out. The disabling of output escaping is apparently reliant
upon a serialization step. This is why I was not seeing it when using
JDOM's XMLOutputter.