problem trying to create a web service from VS 2003

news.austin.rr.com

Hi,

When I try to create a web service type project VS tell me that the web
service is not started on the webserver. Doesn't VS create this for me or do
i need to do something in IIS first?

Is there a walkthrough for setting up IIS and webservice?

Thanks

Albert Pascual

No you don't need to do anything , Create a file asmx and any function with
[Web Method] should be a public web service function.

Hope this helps
Al

Dan Rogers

If you've never turned IIS on (or installed it), it's not there, so the web
service cannot start. Does this message happen as you create (name) the
project? or after you create it and try to debug it?