Problem unable to view SessionState values between two modules

TomJ

Hey guys, I am attempting to use the following example:
'Session("Name")' to maintain a value between moduleA and moduleB.
ModuleB captures the Session("Name") to be used by moduleA throughout
its life. ModuleB indeed establishes the Session("Name").Value and does
a Response.Redirect("ModuleA") to use this information captured in
ModuleB. When ModuleA gets control, Session("Name") is = Nothing!? It
appears that Session State does not retain values between two modules.
If needed, I can upload these very small modules to let trained eyes
take a look-see.

I currently use VS2003 V7.1.6030 Academic and .NET FrameWork 1.1.4322
sp1.

Tom Johnson

A+, MCP MCSD .Net

Bob Barrows [MVP]

TomJ said:
Hey guys, I am attempting to use the following example:
'Session("Name")' to maintain a value between moduleA and moduleB.
ModuleB captures the Session("Name") to be used by moduleA throughout
its life. ModuleB indeed establishes the Session("Name").Value and
does a Response.Redirect("ModuleA") to use this information captured
in ModuleB. When ModuleA gets control, Session("Name") is = Nothing!?
It appears that Session State does not retain values between two
modules. If needed, I can upload these very small modules to let
trained eyes take a look-see.

I currently use VS2003 V7.1.6030 Academic and .NET FrameWork 1.1.4322
sp1.

Tom Johnson
I'm not sure what you mean by modules ... are these aspx files in a single
application?

In any case:
recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest