Problem updating Access database from web page with OleDbCommand

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tom Wild, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Tom Wild

    Tom Wild Guest

    Hi

    I am creating a webform in VB.Net which connects to an Access database.

    I can get the webform to connect to the database fine and also to download
    data but when I try and update the database by firing off an OleDBCommand I
    get the following error:

    "Problem firing System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand - Operation must use an
    updateable query"

    Further Info
    OleDBCommand.CommandText = "UPDATE Shots SET PDone = 90 WHERE ShotID = 131"

    OleDBConnection.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    Source=C:\Gizmo\GizmoVIII.mdb"

    Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

    Thanks

    Tom

    Tom Wild, Aug 21, 2003