Problem using ActiveState PPM to install module

Irwin Friedman

I'm a newbie and can't find any clues in the FAQ's I've searched through.
I'm trying to use ActiveState Perl PPM to install a module (DBI) but I can't
get very far. I get the following results:

C:\Perl>ppm
PPM - Programmer's Package Manager version 3.1.
Copyright (c) 2001 ActiveState SRL. All Rights Reserved.

Entering interactive shell. Using Term::ReadLine::Stub as readline
library.

Type 'help' to get started.

ppm> install DBI
Error: can't create temporary directory 'C:\/DBI-1-1799127-1062887644':
Permission denied
ppm>

I'm running Win98SE. I think the problem is the forward slash in the
directory name, but how do I get past that? Can someone point me in the
right direction?
Thanks,
Irwin Friedman

John Bokma

Irwin said:
C:\Perl>ppm
PPM - Programmer's Package Manager version 3.1.
Copyright (c) 2001 ActiveState SRL. All Rights Reserved.

Entering interactive shell. Using Term::ReadLine::Stub as readline
library.

Type 'help' to get started.

ppm> install DBI
Error: can't create temporary directory 'C:\/DBI-1-1799127-1062887644':
Permission denied
ppm>

settings tempdir C:\tmp

not tested.

settings tempdir

gives the current one.

Just found out by using the useful hint:

Type 'help' to get started.