problem using AJAX 3.5 (Dev ok, live not ok)

Jurjen de Groot

My web-app using .NET 3.5 and AJAX 3.5, is working well using the local
machine.

When running on the webserver (windows 2003 + .NET 3.5 installed) the page
works just fine, until I hit 'Next' wich is supposed to do a postback (in
the updatepanel) and show the next UserControl (it is sort of a wizzard like
app). Then I get 'Error on page.' in the bottom-left corner of IE and this
message :

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Object reference not
set to an instance of an object. (Line 605, char 13)

I tested this using Vista + IE7 and XP Pro + IE7.
I did not write any kind of javascript in these pages/usercontrols and am
really surprised about this.

If I turn off PartialRendering I get the following error during the loading
of the page :

'Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager' is null or not an object (Line 925, char
5)

I really don't know what to make of this, I thought Ms-AJAX was just
supposed to be drag-n-drop AJAX.

Can anyone help me out, I'm moving toward my deadline really fast...

TIA,
Jurjen.

Jurjen de Groot

Turns out that somehow an outdated ascx was put on the site, this threw an
error on AsyncPostback After renewing the ASCX the problem dissapeared.

Jurjen.