Problem using asp:xml to run html code

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Brendan, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. Brendan

    Brendan Guest

    Hi
    I have a problem when I use the asp:xml web control to
    read an xml file containing other asp: web controls. It
    works if I use HTML controls.

    Example.
    My xml file looks like this

    <page xmlns:asp="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
    runat="server">
    <form runat="server">
    <h1>Hello World</h1>
    <asp:Label id="Label1" Text="Label Control"
    runat="server"/>
    </form>
    </page>

    When I load this to an XML control, in the body of my
    page, the label doesnt show, but the 'Hello World' does.

    It works well with HTMLcontrols such as table, tr and td.

    It seems to disregard controls beginning with 'asp:' e.g.
    asp:label, asp:table, asp:tablerow, etc.

    Anybody got a solution ?

    Brendan
    Brendan, Oct 23, 2003