Problem using Authorization Manager

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by curry, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. curry

    curry Guest

    Hi - help please!

    I've successfully implemented authorization in an asp.net web application
    using Authorization Manager, or AzMan (shipping with Windows Server 2003
    Administration Tools).

    Great tool!

    However, now I wanted to get that little extra out of this tool, and start
    using dynamic application groups (LDAP-groups). Here I get problems. I have
    tried with the simplest LDAP query like "(department = sales)".

    If on any call to myClientContext.HasAccess(), the possibile membership of a
    dynamic group must be evaluated to determine access, asp.net returns the
    error information listed below to my browser:

    Thanks for any hints!!!!!!

    Best regards,
    Mats

    "
    Unable to update the password. The value provided as the current password is
    incorrect.

    Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unable to
    update the password. The value provided as the current password is incorrect.

    Source Error:

    Line 303: return ((int)((Object[]) ctx.AccessCheck("access check", scopes,
    operations, names, values, null, null, null))[0] == 0);

    Stack Trace:

    [COMException (0x8007052b): Unable to update the password. The value
    provided as the current password is incorrect.]
    AzRoles.IAzClientContext.AccessCheck(String bstrObjectName, Object
    varScopeNames, Object varOperations, Object varParameterNames, Object
    varParameterValues, Object varInterfaceNames, Object varInterfaceFlags,
    Object varInterfaces) +0

    "
    curry, Aug 27, 2004

  2. curry

    aarguna Guest

    Hi Mats,
    I'm experiencing the same problem. Have you found a solution for this?
    I appreciate any help you can give...

    Thanks,
    Arnie

    User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)