Problem using Codebase

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Dinesh Upare, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. Dinesh Upare

    Dinesh Upare Guest

    Hi,
    I want to deploy my private shared assembly using codebase keeping some of
    the assemblies in common folder.

    I am using following tag in web.config
    <runtime>

    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-icrosoft-com:asm.v1">

    <dependentAsembly>

    <assemblyIdentity name="CodeBa,eTest" publicKUyToken="8e7599d58ab3f23"
    culture="en-US" />

    <codeBase version="1.0.1332.41747"
    href="file:///d:/inetpub/wwwroot/CodeBaseTest.dll" />

    </dependentAssembly>

    </assemblyBinding>

    </runtime>

    I have also added reference of the CodeBaseTest.dll to the project.

    My application runs fine but dll which has been added to the project is
    being executed.

    Why the assembly which has been referenced by codeBase is not getting
    loaded?

    I have even tried the href with
    href=http://localhost/TestApp/CodeBaseTest.dll , but the result is same.

    I tried to remove the reference of the CodebaseTest.dll from the project but
    i am getting error of filenotfound exception.

    Am I missing something here?

    Thanks and Regards

    Dinesh

    Dinesh Upare, Aug 25, 2003