problem using ctypes with MMX intrinsics

dcharno

Is it possible to use ctypes with a shared library which uses MMX/SSE
intrinsics? I can load the library and access functions inside it, but
I getting a seg fault when I hit one of the intrinsics. I'm wondering
if there might be some sort of stack alignment problem.

I am using gcc version 4.2.3 and Python 2.5.2 on Ubuntu 8.04.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

dcharno said:
I can load the library and access functions inside it, but
I getting a seg fault when I hit one of the intrinsics.

I assume that SIGSEGV indicates some (mis)alignment issue. If the
instructions were not valid, you'd get SIGILL instead.