Problem using FSO with mapped drive...

Stephen Last

Hi all,

I have a problem using FSO with a mapped drive.

I have mapped x: on our Intranet server to a folder on one of our file
servers. The folder contains user home directories. I want to be able to
copy the contents from one home dir, to another, to allow a user of a
temp account to transfer all their files and folders to their real
account, all from our Intranet.

When I use the following:

Set FileSys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
strDriveName = "x"
If FileSys.DriveExists(strDriveName) Then
Response.Write strDriveName & " drive is there..."
Else
Response.Write strDriveName & " drive is NOT there..."
End If
Set FileSys = Nothing

It tells me the drive does exist, great! But when I use:

Set FileSys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
strFolderName = "x\temp-SL-1\"
If FileSys.FolderExists(strFolderName) Then
Response.Write strFolderName & " is there..."
Else
Response.Write strFolderName & " is NOT there..."
End If
Set FileSys = Nothing

It can’t seem to see the folder, but the folder is defiantly there.
Does FSO have a problem working with mapped drives? Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Steve

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

(a) should be x:\ not x\ ?

(b) assuming IUSR is running your ASP pages, he doesn't know what x:\ is,
since you never logged in as IUSR and created a mapping for x:\ ... so, you
need to either change the user ASP is running as, or use a UNC path (e.g.
\\servername\sharename\). You will still need to read through
http://www.aspfaq.com/2168 for Machine A's IUSR_MachineA to be able to
access MachineB's file system.