Problem Using New Mozilla 1.4 Browser Solved

cwdjr

I have a transition that I sometimes use that consists of a red
curtain, with folds, that is pulled after the page opens. The curtain
is written using JS to write divisions for a few hundred thin vertical
bars with the rgb color of each bar calculated using a trig function
to produce the folds. This works on IE6, Netscape7.02 and even MSNTV.
However the curtain failed to appear on the new Mozilla 1.4. Otherwise
the page worked propery. I isolated the problem to the calculation of
the rgb colors. The calclations usually produce a non-integer number.
Thus you might calculate the "r" in (rgb) as 22.31. Of course only
integers should be used. Using Math.round on the final color values
solved the problem on Mozilla 1.4. Since the just released Netscape
7.1 is based on Mozilla 1.4, I would not be surprised if it acts in
the same way. I have never used a Mozilla earlier than the 1.4, so I
do not know how earlier versions might respond.