Problem using SWIG approach

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Sandeep Kumar, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I am trying to get a perl wrapper around a library using SWIG, to
    access it's functions via a perl script. While I give make command, I
    get following error:

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include\malloc.h(108) :
    error C205
    9: syntax error : '('
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe' : return code
    '0x2'
    Stop.

    What I am doing is:
    1. Write example.i : wrapper script for SWIG. It includes .h having
    prototypes for lib functions
    2. Call SWIG to generate example_wrap.c and some other files
    3. Write a Makefile.pl with content
    use ExtUtils::MakeMaker;
    WriteMakefile(
    'NAME' => 'example', # Name of module
    'ZIP' => 'C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe',
    'OBJECT' => 'example_wrap.obj'
    );
    4. call perl with makefile.pl to generate makefile
    5. call make to build the entire thing.

    I wonder if you could suggest something for this

    Thanks
    Sandeep

    Sandeep Kumar, Apr 14, 2006