problem using WinNT provider and GetObject- PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Blake, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. Blake

    Blake Guest

    single ASP page running on IIS 5 on a Native Windows 2000 AD:

    <%Set usr = GetObject("WinNT://LONGWOOD/duffeyba,user")%>

    (the IIS machine is a member server)

    The page is running as the user 'duffeyba'.

    I am getting this result:

    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'
    Permission denied: 'GetObject'

    /cyphir/auth/test4.asp, line 1

    This code works fine our our test domain, but fails on our production
    domain. I can't see what the problem is.

    Any ideas appreciated.

    Blake, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Blake

    Blake Guest

    WinNT provider, user ID, and error 80070035

    Authenticated ASP page:

    strNTName = "samh"
    Set oUser = GetObject("WinNT://LONGWOOD/" & strNTName)

    Gives:
    error '80070035'

    Works on one domain, not on the 2nd.

    Any ideas?

    Blake

    Blake, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Re: WinNT provider, user ID, and error 80070035

    Is this code running for the **current** user or for another? If the latter,
    the permission denied is logical.

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jun 1, 2004