problem viewing aspx forms

Nikhil Patel

Hi all,
I have created a web application on windows xp/visual studio 2003. I am
trying to test this application on my development machine. When I type the
following url to run my app in internet explorer, it shows me a message
"Some files can harm your computer....Would you like to open the file or
save it on your computer?" I click on "Open". Then it opens visual studio
and displays the aspx code instead of showing the form in internet explorer.

How can I fix this/

Thanks.
-Nikhil

Craig Deelsnyder

Hi all,
I have created a web application on windows xp/visual studio 2003. I
am
trying to test this application on my development machine. When I type
the
following url to run my app in internet explorer, it shows me a message
"Some files can harm your computer....Would you like to open the file or
save it on your computer?" I click on "Open". Then it opens visual studio
and displays the aspx code instead of showing the form in internet
explorer.

How can I fix this/

Thanks.
-Nikhil
Sounds like asp.net is not setup properly for some reason. The aspx is
being downloaded instead of run...try running

aspnet_regiis -i

from the VS command line (or this exe is in \winnt\microsoft .net\....
under the appropriate version).

Try doing that from a command line and see if it fixes it. But if you
created a web app I don't know why VS.NET is happy, unless the root app is
'corrupted', which this should fix...