Problem viewing .aspx pages from Win98..

Mustufa Baig

Hello,

I developed ASP.NET website and as long as I view .aspx pages from Win2000
(I.E. 6.0) they appear fine but if I view these pages from Win98 (I.E. 6.0)
the text on the page appears in big font and most of the time overlapping
each other. Also I like to know how can I make text and controls size and
position on my .aspx page independent of screen resolution. Thanks I really
appreciate any help.

Regards.

bruce barker

you used grid layout, when you should have used flow. as grid layout uses
pixel coordinates it is by definition not screen resolution or font size
independant. if you want to use grid mode, and support mutilple screen
resolutions and font sizes, then you will have to write client script, that
resizes and repositions everything at runtime.

note: you change change your dev machine to large font's and see the
problem.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| Hello,
|
| I developed ASP.NET website and as long as I view .aspx pages from Win2000
| (I.E. 6.0) they appear fine but if I view these pages from Win98 (I.E.
6.0)
| the text on the page appears in big font and most of the time overlapping
| each other. Also I like to know how can I make text and controls size and
| position on my .aspx page independent of screen resolution. Thanks I
really
| appreciate any help.
|
| Regards.

Mustufa Baig

Thanks for your help.

So which unit system I should be using? pt, pc, mm, cm ,in , %.

On the other hand.... I changed the layout to Flow but I guess that won't
make any difference because the pages already been built using 'px'
units..... Is there a short cut to change everything to 'pt' or some other
unit system?

Regards,

Gerry

Also check the font settings for the controls on your page. Make sure your
font sizes are set as numbers and not smaller, larger, etc. These cause
problems with font display sizes in your web page.

Gerry