    problem. Solutions?

    Thanks.

    Tom Rivas

    Thomas Rivas, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Thomas Rivas

    Aahz Guest

    http://www.python.org/2.3/bugs.html
    --
    Aahz () <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

    with useful practice. --Aahz

    Aahz, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Thomas Rivas

    David Lees Guest

    Thomas Rivas wrote:
    > Unable to launch IDLE(fork?) from the new Py 2.3. Anybody else have this
    > problem. Solutions?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Tom Rivas

    I think I have the same problem. When the Win2000 Start menu, 'IDLE'
    icon is clicked, the hourglass-wait icon goes on for a second and then
    disappears. I can see a new process startup 'pythonw.exe', but nothing
    appears on the screen.

    I believe the problem is the same one previously discussed with respect
    to Windows XP. IDLE can not be in a path where any of the directory
    names have a space. Unfortunately, 'program files' has a space in it.
    I found that I can start idle up by going directly to the idle
    executable which on my pc is under:
    'program files\python23\lib\idlelib\idle.exe

    Creating a shortcut to IDLE and then placing it on my desktop seems to
    work just fine for starting it up.

    David Lees

    David Lees, Aug 6, 2003