Problem! webservice.htc calling nonsecure webservice from a secured ssl https webpage

batista

Hi,

I'm using webservice.htc to call a non-secure(without https) webservice
method from a webpage.
Now, if the webpage is not under https then everything works fine.

But, when enable ssl in that page the webservice method does'nt work.

So how shud i solve this.

Is not allowed to call a non-secure webservice method in secure
webpage.
If not,then how do i call a secure webservice method using
webservice.htc.

Plz help me on this...

Bye

Laurent Bugnion

I'm using webservice.htc to call a non-secure(without https) webservice
method from a webpage.
Now, if the webpage is not under https then everything works fine.

But, when enable ssl in that page the webservice method does'nt work.

So how shud i solve this.

Is not allowed to call a non-secure webservice method in secure
webpage.
If not,then how do i call a secure webservice method using
webservice.htc.

Plz help me on this...

Bye

That's quite off-topic for an ASP.NET newsgroup. Note however that the
webservice.htc component distributed by Microsoft has a severe memory
leak, and as a matter of fact is not supported anymore by Microsoft. You
really should avoid using it.

What we did in my project is rewrite the Web service abstraction in
JavaScript, using the XmlHttpRequest object. This also allowed us to be
much more flexible with parameters, and for instance to use the same
protocol (http or https) as the web page.

Note however that rewriting the layer was a big work, especially because
you then have to generate and parse the SOAP code yourself. Probably for
small projects you're be better off losgin the SOAP code altogether, and
using direct calls to XmlHttpRequest instead.

For more questions, rather ask a JavaScript newsgroup, for example
comp.lang.javascript.

HTH,
Laurent