PROBLEM: webservice, XmlNode return value, XMLSchema and WSDL

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by g.fiorentini, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. g.fiorentini

    g.fiorentini Guest

    Is there a way to make the following:

    1. we have a webmethod, that should return an xml document that is valid
    respect an XmlSchema.
    2. the web method is like the following:

    [webmethod]
    public XmlNode MyMethod ( ... param-list ...) {
    ... build xml-document that respect the XmlSchema
    ... return xml_doc;

    3. When viewing the generated WSDL , we see only a general return type, not
    the Xml Schema.

    THE PROBLEM::
    How instruct the .net system, to consider the return value from the
    webmethod-call, as exactly
    compliant or valid, to the giveng XmlSchema ?

    Thanks for any help.

    -giacomo-

    g.fiorentini, Sep 10, 2003