Problem when accessing SQL database in website

Guest

I am developing apps in VWD Express and SQL Svr 2005 Express. I currently
have a web server running Win2K3 SBS W/IIS V.6.0 & ASP.NET 2.0. I am
currently using a test site that is only availible on my intranet. I have no
problem accessing the site, but when a link is clicked or somthing happens
where data is required from the SQL database, I get a long, ugly error
message that says:

Server Error in '/' Application.
----------------------------------
Cannot open user default database. Login Failed.
Login failed for user "NT Authority\Network Service".

Then the error message continues forever. This is what I have tried to do to
correct the problem: I have change the permissions in the SQL Server
Management Studio Express program that I downloaded from the Microsoft
website to allow the "NT Authority\Network Service" account authorization to
the database. I am a beginner at developing web apps, so I don't know much
about Visual Basic, so I havn't really done much code to the web.config file.
I have read books, and searched google for about a week and I still can't
find anything. I hope that this question doesn't seem too stupid. Thank You
for your help, and your response. - Jake

Karl Seguin [MVP]

why not turn on SQL Authentication and specify a username/password in your
connection string?

So ur connection string would look like:
Data Source=Aron1;Initial Catalog=pubs;User Id=sa;Password=asdasd;"

instead of using Trusted_Connection or Integrated_Security

Karl