Problem when deploying with xcopy

Cristian Suazo

Hi,

I deployed my application but got a strange error when doing the deployment
using the xcopy method. A strange thing is that when I try to do the same
steps on another machine that has the same configuration (it should have it
atleast) it works perfectly. After been testing a while I found out that
everything worked if I first put the folder with the web application as a
readonly first (applying it to all the subitems) and then removing the
readonly (also this time to all the subitems). Does anybody have the same
problem or have an answer. Could it be that the VSS does something to the
files or have I done something strange to the server? The error I got is the
one below:

Error: System.Web.HttpCompileException: External component has thrown an
exception.
at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.ThrowIfCompilerErrors(CompilerResults
results, CodeDomProvider codeProvider, CodeCompileUnit sourceData, String
sourceFile, String sourceString)
at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType()
at System.Web.UI.UserControlParser.CompileIntoType()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation()

Thanks for an answer
Cristian

Cristian Suazo

This is exactly the same thing I thought but I didn't work. This is the
approach I am using currently. Other suggestions?`

the Messiah

Dear Cristian,
I think it could be an .net framework installation issue.
Does the thing you experienced happen on other boxes with
same software installations?

Cristian Suazo

This is want I think to. Should I reinstall the framework? Could there be
some other way to do this. There is one more machine that has the same
configuration but it works....

the Dude

My god Justin,

I just checked out your site....

Please in the code library put also how it is possible to
catch parameters sent by a HTML form method="GET"!!!!!