problem while getting special character at the receiving end of MQSeries

mahesh

Hi,

In our application we are sending some data to MQseries and other
application reads the data from MQSeries.

but if the data contains Special charaters then we get wrong data at
the receiving end e.g it the special char is ' then we get ?

if anybody knows the solution for this problem then plz tell me.

I have serached about this but i did'nt get any solution so plz tell
me if u have faced this type of
problem and the solution for it.

thanks and regards,

Mahesh B.

Greg R. Broderick

In our application we are sending some data to MQseries and other
application reads the data from MQSeries.

but if the data contains Special charaters then we get wrong data at
the receiving end e.g it the special char is ' then we get ?

if anybody knows the solution for this problem then plz tell me.

This sounds to me like it is a character set issue - the sender is sending
in one character set and the receiver is expecting to receive data in a
different character set. From the example that you gave, I would suspect
that the sender is sending data in the Windows 1252 character set, which
contains several non-standard 'smart quote' characters, and that the
receiver is expecting to see data in another character set, perhaps ISO-
8859-1, that does not contain these non-standard characters.

Cheeers!
GRB

Greg R. Broderick (e-mail address removed)

A. Top posters.