    Best Regards,
    Vamsi
    , Jun 21, 2005

  2. SM Ryan Guest

    wrote:
    # Hello all,the following problem i encountered while transferring
    # data(mail ids) from MS-outlook to one application.Some mail ids after
    # came into the application looked as strange characters.Eg are [=C5@ [=C5.
    # [=C5,=A9=C4@ =A9=C4. =A9=C4 etc.I thought these are the Ascii characters but

    Looks like MIME quoted-printable encoding. You can look up MIME encoding on
    Google get more information about MIME. Most systems nowadays have libraries
    that can handle MIME encodings and attachments for you.

    --
    SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
    JUSTICE!
    SM Ryan, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Re: Problem while transferring mail ids from MS-outlook to theapplication

    SM Ryan <> writes:
    > wrote:
    > > Hello all,the following problem i encountered while transferring
    > > data(mail ids) from MS-outlook to one application.Some mail ids
    > > after came into the application looked as strange characters.Eg
    > > are [=C5@ [=C5. [=C5,=A9=C4@ =A9=C4. =A9=C4 etc.I thought these
    > > are the Ascii characters but

    > Looks like MIME quoted-printable encoding. You can look up MIME encoding on
    > Google get more information about MIME. Most systems nowadays have libraries
    > that can handle MIME encodings and attachments for you.

    Maybe. In my newsreader, the original article contained some accented
    characters. In your followup, it looked like quoted-printable ("=C5"
    and so forth). I'm not certain whether your newsreader, my
    newsreader, or something else converted it.

    (BTW, I've changed your obnoxious "#" quoting characters to ">" yet
    again.)

    Keith Thompson, Jun 21, 2005