Problem whit setBackground under vista aero

ownowl

Hi

In a java applet I must forcing the look and Feel to WindowsLookAndFeel.
The back ground color of some JBttons are modified by the method
setBackground(color). The back color est good except under Vista with
aero. in this case the back color still grey, and only the border of the
button show the good color

An idea ?
Thank in advance

Knute Johnson

ownowl said:
Hi

In a java applet I must forcing the look and Feel to WindowsLookAndFeel.
The back ground color of some JBttons are modified by the method
setBackground(color). The back color est good except under Vista with
aero. in this case the back color still grey, and only the border of the
button show the good color

An idea ?
Thank in advance

If you aren't using the latest JRE try that.

Qu0ll

ownowl said:
Hi

In a java applet I must forcing the look and Feel to WindowsLookAndFeel.
The back ground color of some JBttons are modified by the method
setBackground(color). The back color est good except under Vista with
aero. in this case the back color still grey, and only the border of the
button show the good color

My guess is that since Vista running Aero doesn't allow the button
background colour to be changed, the Java Windows look and feel doesn't
support it either for the same environment.

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)
(e-mail address removed)

ownowl

Knute Johnson a écrit :
If you aren't using the latest JRE try that.

I have tried several versions of JRE, it's the same. Anyway, I can not
control the java version of users

ownowl

Qu0ll a écrit :
My guess is that since Vista running Aero doesn't allow the button
background colour to be changed, the Java Windows look and feel doesn't
support it either for the same environment.

I hope you have wrong ;-)

ownowl

Christian Kaufhold a écrit :
You can always use button.setContentAreaFilled(false)
and paint your own background in paintComponent

I thought about paintComponent, but I did not know the
setContentAreaFilled method.

Thank's you very much

Roedy Green

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/setbackground.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Out of 135 criminals, including robbers and rapists, 118 admitted that when they were children they burned, hanged and stabbed domestic animals."
~ Ogonyok Magazine 1979.