    No feasible entries for subprogram 'read'.

    Where Am I wrong?

    Any hints?

    Nemesis, Mar 12, 2007

  2. Nemesis schrieb:

    > I'm experiencing a strange problem with Modelsim.
    > I wrote a simple testbench that reads data from a file and puts them
    > on a net.
    > With thie commands readline(..,..) and read(..,..) importing
    > std.texio.all. I used the same approach
    > with two projects, in one case it is working correctly and in another
    > case I get the error:

    Did you include the library in both projects?

    Ralf

    Ralf Hildebrandt, Mar 12, 2007

  3. Nemesis

    Nemesis Guest

    Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

    > > I'm experiencing a strange problem with Modelsim.
    > > I wrote a simple testbench that reads data from a file and puts them
    > > on a net.
    > > With thie commands readline(..,..) and read(..,..) importing
    > > std.texio.all. I used the same approach
    > > with two projects, in one case it is working correctly and in another
    > > case I get the error:

    > Did you include the library in both projects?

    Yes I did. I used the same import.

    Nemesis, Mar 12, 2007
  4. Nemesis wrote:

    > With thie commands readline(..,..) and read(..,..) importing
    > std.texio.all. I used the same approach
    > with two projects, in one case it is working correctly and in another
    > case I get the error:
    >
    > No feasible entries for subprogram 'readline'.
    > No feasible entries for subprogram 'read'.
    >
    > Where Am I wrong?

    The error message indicates that some
    calls to readline and read procedures are getting
    the wrong number, order or type of actual parameters.
    Either the testbenches or the data files
    are different in some way. Inspect the code
    difference and play with the parameters until you
    find the error.

    Next time consider using an array of vhdl
    constants for sim data instead of parsing raw text.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Mar 12, 2007
  5. On Mar 12, 8:11 pm, "Nemesis" <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I'm experiencing a strange problem with Modelsim.
    > I wrote a simple testbench that reads data from a file and puts them
    > on a net.
    > With thie commands readline(..,..) and read(..,..) importing
    > std.texio.all. I used the same approach
    > with two projects, in one case it is working correctly and in another
    > case I get the error:
    >
    > No feasible entries for subprogram 'readline'.
    > No feasible entries for subprogram 'read'.
    >
    > Where Am I wrong?
    >
    > Any hints?

    Maybe you used std_logic data types in this new project? If so try
    with:

    use ieee.std_logic_textio.all;

    If you still face issues, show us your exact code containing

    readline
    read

    calls

    Good Luck
    Ajeetha, CVC
    www.noveldv.com

    Ajeetha (www.noveldv.com), Mar 12, 2007
  6. Nemesis

    Nemesis Guest

    On Mar 12, 5:47 pm, Mike Treseler <> wrote:
    > > No feasible entries for subprogram 'readline'.
    > > No feasible entries for subprogram 'read'.

    > > Where Am I wrong?

    > The error message indicates that some
    > calls to readline and read procedures are getting
    > the wrong number, order or type of actual parameters.

    You are damn right. I declared in the wrong way one of the parameters.
    Thanks very much.

    Nemesis, Mar 13, 2007