Problem with accessing table in access database

i had a working site with iis5 winxp professional on a p4 machine.
suddenly i am having problems with and the asp pages which have some
updating commands for the database. the update commands dont work and i get
one of the following error messages. i have tried restarting the computer
and have also reinstalled microsoft office xp but the problem has not been
solved as yet.
please help

1. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x994 Thread 0xac4
DBC 0x147f024 Jet'.

2. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object
is read-only.

Jeff Cochran

i had a working site with iis5 winxp professional on a p4 machine.
suddenly i am having problems with and the asp pages which have some
updating commands for the database. the update commands dont work and i get
one of the following error messages. i have tried restarting the computer
and have also reinstalled microsoft office xp but the problem has not been
solved as yet.
please help

1. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x994 Thread 0xac4
DBC 0x147f024 Jet'.

2. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object
is read-only.

1) Try posting to relevant groups, not everything with the name
"Access" in it. As far as I can tell you're not even using an ActiveX
control but you crossposted to the group. I hope you follow the
inetserver hierarchy, I cut all the others from this reply.

2) Google would have given you dozens of resources with answers to
these extremely common questions.

3) So common they're part of a FAQ:

Why do I get database-related 80004005 errors?
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009
Why do I get non-database-related 80004005 errors?
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2413

Jeff