problem with ajax toolkit

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ma, Sep 25, 2007.

  1. ma

    ma Guest

    Hello,

    I installed the latest version of AJAX toolkit today and start playing
    with it. I can not add any AJAX control to my page. When I try to add it, it
    is added as follow:

    <cc1:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server">

    </cc1:TabContainer>

    There is no tabpanel in the toolbox.

    When i am trying to run this demo, I can wee the output page but it tell me
    "Done but with errors on page"!

    Where is TabPanel?

    Why Am I getting this error?

    Regards

    ma, Sep 25, 2007

  2. Hello ma,

    cc1?!

    u need smth like this
    <ajaxToolkit:TabContainer runat="server"
    OnClientActiveTabChanged="ClientFunction"
    Height="150px">
    <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel runat="server"
    HeaderText="Signature and Bio"
    <ContentTemplate>
    </ContentTemplate>
    />
    </ajaxToolkit:TabContainer>

    and dont forget to Register the ajaxToolkit control on the top of your page

    ---
    WBR,

    m> <cc1:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server">
    m> </cc1:TabContainer>
    m>

    Michael Nemtsev, MVP, Sep 25, 2007

  3. ma

    Mick Walker Guest

    ma wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I installed the latest version of AJAX toolkit today and start playing
    > with it. I can not add any AJAX control to my page. When I try to add it, it
    > is added as follow:
    >

    > <cc1:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server">
    >
    > </cc1:TabContainer>
    >
    > There is no tabpanel in the toolbox.
    >
    > When i am trying to run this demo, I can wee the output page but it tell me
    > "Done but with errors on page"!
    >

    > Where is TabPanel?
    >
    > Why Am I getting this error?
    >

    > Regards

    Try
    <ajaxToolKit:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server"
    ActiveTabIndex="4">
    <ajaxToolKit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel1" runat="server"
    HeaderText="TabPanel1">
    </ajaxToolKit:TabPanel>
    <ajaxToolKit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel2" runat="server"
    HeaderText="TabPanel2">
    </ajaxToolKit:TabPanel>
    <ajaxToolKit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel3" runat="server"
    HeaderText="TabPanel3">
    </ajaxToolKit:TabPanel>
    <ajaxToolKit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel4" runat="server"
    HeaderText="TabPanel4">
    </ajaxToolKit:TabPanel>
    <ajaxToolKit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel5" runat="server"
    HeaderText="TabPanel5">
    </ajaxToolKit:TabPanel>
    </ajaxToolKit:TabContainer>

    Obviously substitute ajaxToolKit with cc1

    Mick Walker, Sep 25, 2007
  4. ma

    ma Guest

    Thanks for your help. What do you mean by registering AJAX Toolkit at the
    top of page? should I add anything to the page?

    I am following the same steps as shown on ajax.asp.net web page ( the
    videos)

    Regards

    ma, Sep 25, 2007
  5. ma

    ma Guest

    "Mick Walker" <> wrote in message
    > ma wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I installed the latest version of AJAX toolkit today and start playing
    >> with it. I can not add any AJAX control to my page. When I try to add it,
    >> it is added as follow:
    >>

    >> <cc1:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server">
    >>
    >> </cc1:TabContainer>
    >>
    >> There is no tabpanel in the toolbox.
    >>
    >> When i am trying to run this demo, I can wee the output page but it tell
    >> me "Done but with errors on page"!
    >>

    >> Where is TabPanel?
    >>
    >> Why Am I getting this error?
    >>

    >> Regards
    >>

    > Try
    > <ajaxToolKit:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server"
    > ActiveTabIndex="4">
    > <ajaxToolKit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel1" runat="server"
    > HeaderText="TabPanel1">
    > </ajaxToolKit:TabPanel>
    > <ajaxToolKit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel2" runat="server"
    > HeaderText="TabPanel2">
    > </ajaxToolKit:TabPanel>
    > <ajaxToolKit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel3" runat="server"
    > HeaderText="TabPanel3">
    > </ajaxToolKit:TabPanel>
    > <ajaxToolKit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel4" runat="server"
    > HeaderText="TabPanel4">
    > </ajaxToolKit:TabPanel>
    > <ajaxToolKit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel5" runat="server"
    > HeaderText="TabPanel5">
    > </ajaxToolKit:TabPanel>
    > </ajaxToolKit:TabContainer>
    >
    > Obviously substitute ajaxToolKit with cc1

    Thanks for your help.

    I have two questions:
    1- Why when I add a control to the page it is added as cc1?
    2- I don't have TabPanel in the toolbox, where is it?

    Regards

    ma, Sep 25, 2007
  6. Hello ma,

    <%@ Register ...%> on the top of your page, referencing to the ajaxToolkit

    ---
    WBR,

    m> Thanks for your help. What do you mean by registering AJAX Toolkit at
    m> the top of page? should I add anything to the page?
    m>
    m> I am following the same steps as shown on ajax.asp.net web page ( the
    m> videos)
    m>
    m> Regards
    m>
    m> <Michael Nemtsev>; "MVP" <> wrote in message
    m> news:...
    m>

    Michael Nemtsev, MVP, Sep 25, 2007
  7. ma

    ma Guest

    Hello,

    Thanks. There is something strange with my installation. Can you help me
    to find it?

    I got the AJAX toolkit today and installed it. I used the binary format and
    source + binary and the result is the same.

    I can not see any tab panel in the toolbox

    When I add the tabcontainer to my page, the toolkit is registered as follow:

    My page before adding tabpanel to it:

    <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs"
    Inherits="test_checkbox._Default" %>

    <%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"

    Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>

    <head runat="server">

    <title>Untitled Page</title>

    </head>

    <form id="form1" runat="server">

    </form>

    and after I drag and drop a tabcontainer to it:

    <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs"
    Inherits="test_checkbox._Default" %>

    <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit"
    TagPrefix="cc1" %>

    <%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"

    Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>

    <head runat="server">

    <title>Untitled Page</title>

    </head>

    <form id="form1" runat="server">

    <cc1:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server">

    </cc1:TabContainer>

    </form>

    As you can see, tag prefix for AJAX tool kit is set to cc1 (?). When I run
    this page, I am getting this error:

    A ScriptManager is required on the page to use ASP.NET AJAX Script
    Components.

    so I add a AjaxToolkit script manager to the page:

    <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs"
    Inherits="test_checkbox._Default" %>

    <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit"
    TagPrefix="cc1" %>

    <%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"

    Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>

    <head runat="server">

    <title>Untitled Page</title>

    </head>

    <form id="form1" runat="server">

    <cc1:ToolkitScriptManager ID="ToolkitScriptManager1" runat="server">

    </cc1:ToolkitScriptManager>

    <cc1:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server">

    </cc1:TabContainer>

    </form>

    When running this page, I am getting:

    "Done but errors on page"

    Any suggestion?

    ma, Sep 25, 2007
  8. Add a ScriptManager which is what the error instructions are telling you to
    do. You did install ASP.Net Ajax first correct? If so then you should see
    the ASP.Net Ajax grouping in your toolbox. Drag and drop a ScriptManager
    from there and make sure it's above any other item on the page. Every
    control, third-party or not that relies on the ASP.Net Ajax framework needs
    a ScriptManager added to the page. The ScriptManager generates the Ajax
    scripts necessary on the client.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Sep 25, 2007
  9. I think you're assuming way too much here. First, the Ajax Control tollkit
    does not automatically integrate itself with VS. All it basically does is
    copy the files you can use, it's not really installing anything.

    You have to add the items yourself simply by going to the add items and
    browing to the control kit dll file.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick