Problem with anonymous authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by john, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. john

    john Guest

    Hello,

    I have got an ASP.NET web site which enable anonymous
    authentication.
    When i try to hit this web site from machine X, it works.
    When i try to hit the same site with machine Y, a windows
    authentication pop up appears. So in this case, the
    anonymous authentication fails.

    Machine Y is in the same domain as the web server. Machine
    X is in another domain.

    I check everything about .net security (.config files,
    NTFS, IIS). So if the problem was ASP.NET configuration,
    this pop up should appear on both machines .. (?)

    What are the reasons for anonymous authentication to fail ?

    thanks,
    john.
    john, Nov 12, 2003