Problem with Apache AXIS WSDL2Java

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sandy Dunlop, Oct 4, 2003.

  1. Sandy Dunlop

    Sandy Dunlop Guest

    I used WSDL2Java (from the Apache AXIS project) to generate my Java
    Binding Stub file. The problem here is that although AXIS has
    correctly identified the variable "path" as an input parameter and
    "return" and "cf" as output parameters, it has defined the method as:

    public void wtest_data_read(java.lang.String path,
    javax.xml.rpc.holders.IntHolder _return,
    wtypes.holders.Wtest_configHolder cf) throws java.rmi.RemoteException

    I think that the output parameter called "return" should be used as
    the return value from the wtest_data_read method, but AXIS hasn't done
    this. I was expecting something more along the lines of:

    public int wtest_data_read(java.lang.String path,
    wtypes.holders.Wtest_configHolder cf) throws java.rmi.RemoteException

    My WSDL and Java files are available here:

    <http://www.sorn.net/misc/demo/dbcfg.wsdl>
    <http://www.sorn.net/misc/demo/Wtest_BindingStub.java>

    --
    sandy
    Sandy Dunlop, Oct 4, 2003

  2. Sandy Dunlop

    Sandy Dunlop Guest

    (Sandy Dunlop) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I used WSDL2Java (from the Apache AXIS project) to generate my Java
    > Binding Stub file. The problem here is that although AXIS has
    > correctly identified the variable "path" as an input parameter and
    > "return" and "cf" as output parameters, it has defined the method as:
    >
    > public void wtest_data_read(java.lang.String path,
    > javax.xml.rpc.holders.IntHolder _return,
    > wtypes.holders.Wtest_configHolder cf) throws java.rmi.RemoteException
    >
    > I think that the output parameter called "return" should be used as
    > the return value from the wtest_data_read method, but AXIS hasn't done
    > this. I was expecting something more along the lines of:
    >
    > public int wtest_data_read(java.lang.String path,
    > wtypes.holders.Wtest_configHolder cf) throws java.rmi.RemoteException
    >
    > My WSDL and Java files are available here:
    >
    > <http://www.sorn.net/misc/demo/dbcfg.wsdl>
    > <http://www.sorn.net/misc/demo/Wtest_BindingStub.java>

    I've solved my own problem. I needed to add the parameterOrder
    attribute to the wsdl:eek:peration element to specify what order the
    parameters to the function should be given in, and WSDL2Java can work
    out from that which parameter is actually the return value.

    --
    sandy
    Sandy Dunlop, Oct 4, 2003