Problem with Applet Jar refreshing in browser

Rhino

I need some advice on a strange problem I am having with respect to
refreshing a web page that contains a Java applet that is housed in a jar.

When I modify my program and upload the revised jar, my web page seems to be
very inconsistent about refreshing itself to get the newer version of the
jar. In some cases, it simply will not pick up the newest version of the
jar, regardless of how many times I refresh/reload the page.

Different browsers are exhibiting different behaviour in this regard, which
compounds the confusion.

I'll leave it at that for the moment to keep the size of the post small but
if you'd like more detail on the exact behaviour I'm seeing, I would be
happy to do that.

Can anyone suggest a cause for this problem and, of course, a solution? I
really need to find some way to ensure that visitors to this page are seeing
the latest version of my applet, not the previous version or even an older
one.

--
Rhino
---

Mickey Segal

Rhino said:
I need some advice on a strange problem I am having with respect to
refreshing a web page that contains a Java applet that is housed in a jar.

In some environments re-saving the HTML page fixes this behavior. In others
you have to re-start the browser or clear the cache.