Problem with applet visualisation on second reload

phil89

Hi,

I use Firefox 3.0.4 with Jre 1.6-11.
I have an applet into an popup html. this applet is always good during
first loading.
But on second loading, after init method, applet size is 0 ?
I use 100% parameter into html page

Regards
Philippe

Knute Johnson

phil89 said:
Hi,

I use Firefox 3.0.4 with Jre 1.6-11.
I have an applet into an popup html. this applet is always good during
first loading.
But on second loading, after init method, applet size is 0 ?
I use 100% parameter into html page

Regards
Philippe

It's going to be really hard to diagnose without actually seeing it, the
code and/or the html.

Andrew Thompson

..
I use Firefox 3.0.4 with Jre 1.6-11.
I have an applet into an popup html.
URL?

...this applet is always good during
first loading.
But on second loading, after init method, applet size is 0 ?
I use 100% parameter into html page ..

% width/height are *not* supported*. If you
want a 100% width/height applet, it is better
to write the applet element using JavaScript.

* It used to work in IE and Mozilla, never
in Opera. If it 'breaks' there is no-one
who will care besides the developer and the
users of the applet.

Andrew Thompson

I have an applet into an popup html.

As an aside. I am surprised pop-ups work
in this day and age.

Given this applet is effectively free-floating,
why not launch it using webstart?

Webstart will not only open the applet as a
'pop-up' (in appearance, if not effect), but
will also allow the end user to resize the
it easily.

phil89

Hi
Problem is resolved
Firefox 3.0.4 don't like javascript calling java method?, but that's
work with firefox 2
<applet name="AppletName">
</applet>
<script>
document.AppletName."Method" give problem
<script>

Regards
Philippe

Andrew Thompson

Problem is resolved
Firefox 3.0.4 don't like javascript calling java method?, but that's
work with firefox 2
<applet name="AppletName">
</applet>
<script>
document.AppletName."Method" give problem
<script>

Try adding the MAYSCRIPT flag to the applet
element. It should *not* be necessary for
an applet that is called by JavaScript to
include the MAYSCRIPT flag, but give it a try.

And as an aside, that applet element is
invalid because it specifies no width/height.
The size of the applet is not a suggestion,
it is *required information*.

Did you copy/paste the applet element, or
are you wasting your time and ours, by
attempting to retype 'something like' the
actual information?

Warning: I don't like my time being wasted.

phil89

Hi,

MAYSCRIPT is still used, that's ok with firefox 2.0 but not with
firefox3.04 ?

Regards
Philippe

Andrew Thompson

MAYSCRIPT is still used, that's ok with firefox 2.0 but not with
firefox3.04 ?

The MAYSCRIPT flag is recognized and acted
on by Mozilla 3.0.5. What do you mean by
'not OK'?

As an aside, (and possibly directly relevant)
have you validated that horrendous mess that
was pretending to be HTML?