Problem with Archive::Tar

tseitlin

Hello all.

I am trying to write to DLT tape with the Archive::Tar module, but
when I read the archive whith tar I get an error. When I read it with
the Archive::Tar its works fine.
I created the archive as was proposed above:

my $tarfilename = '/dev/nst0';
my $tar = Archive::Tar->new() or die "Unable to create tar archive:
$!\n";
foreach my $file(@files){
$tar->add_files($file);
}

then when I rewind the tape and try to read it with:

/bin/tar -vtf /dev/nst0

I get some of the file names in the archive and:

/bin/tar: Unaligned block (2272 bytes) in archive
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

tar version: GNU 1.13.19 , Archive::Tar version: 0.22, perl 5.8 under
linux 2.4.7-10

If anyone has an idea wat's wrong, please help!
Thanks.

Sisyphus

tseitlin said:
then when I rewind the tape and try to read it with:

/bin/tar -vtf /dev/nst0

I get some of the file names in the archive and:

/bin/tar: Unaligned block (2272 bytes) in archive
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

tar version: GNU 1.13.19 , Archive::Tar version: 0.22, perl 5.8 under
linux 2.4.7-10

If anyone has an idea wat's wrong, please help!
Thanks.

Iirc, version 0.22 was broken (or was it version 0.20 ?). I'm still
using version 0.072 which does all that I need. Maybe give it a try - or
try the latest version (1.10).

Cheers,
Rob

krakle

Sisyphus said:
Iirc, version 0.22 was broken (or was it version 0.20 ?). I'm still
using version 0.072 which does all that I need. Maybe give it a try - or
try the latest version (1.10).

Cheers,
Rob

....try the newest version. Updates were made for reasons... remember?

Sisyphus

krakle said:
...try the newest version. Updates were made for reasons... remember?

Heh ... can't argue against something as profound as that!!

Cheers,
Rob