Problem with ASP.NET validation and custom errors on IIS

ninja_kornjaca

Hello,

I'm having a pretty strange problem and I'd appreciate if anyone could help
me with it.

I'm having a custom error page on my IIS. Specifically, I've written my own
ASP (classic ASP) error page for "404 Not Found" error. It does some work in
database (via. ADO), and the redirects user to another page. No big deal.
And it worked just fine when all my pages on my website were pure old ASP.

But a few days ago I added another page to my website - an ASP.NET page that
contains a couple of validating controls. When I try to see that page in IE,
I get a javascript "Syntax error". When I debug it, I see that the error is
in file myweb/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js - and it
seems that the validation script contains HTML and JavaScript from my custom
error page written in ASP!!!

Any ideas? If you need, I can copy/paste some parts of code...

Thanks,
n.

matt

It sounds like you don't have the validation JavaScript files available.

I suggest ensuring that
myweb/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js is actually
present in the root of your website.

If this file was not present you would expect your 404 page to be served
in its place, thus the browser gets html when it's expecting
Javascript.... and errors

Matt
http://www.3internet.co.uk

JNathan

I agree with Matt. You may also want to check the IIS logs to see what
is happening under the covers. If you are getting an HTTP redirect
(most likely a status of 302), Matt's theory is probably correct. Make
sure that you have the .NET Framework installed on your machine.

Jay Nathan, MCP .NET
Senior Consultant
MARINER
http://www.mariner-usa.com