Problem with aspnet_wp.exe

Marcin Belczewski

I have a problem with aspnet_wp.exe on my Windows XP.
When I start any of my web applications, webservices or even try to
create asp.net project under vs.net - aspnet_wp.exe process starts -
consumes 50% of CPU and works for a long time doing nothing - web
applications, vs.net seem to hang. After some time aspnet_wp.exe spawns
and another aspnet_wp.exe consumes CPU without processing requests
properly. Overnight I had 30 aspnet_wp processes consuming in total 100%
CPU.
The strangest thing is that aspnet_wp.exe keeps working and spawning
even if I stop IIS!!

I've searched for viruses, uninstalled recent updates, reinstalled IIS
and .NET Framework and it still happens. I would like to avoid
resintalling Windows with all applications.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks
Marcin

adbillet

I have exactly the same problem on Windows XP Service Pack 2 with all
recents updates.
Thanks for any answer.

adbillet

After 2 or three minutes, i get the following message in the event log
:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
800705B4. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure
that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the
installation directory allow access to the configured account.