Problem with .aspx chenges taking effect

Ryan McLean

Hello everyone! I am having a frustrating problem. I have an asp.net
project in visual studio. I was trucking along getting my project
complete, when today; I noticed that no changes I was making to the
..aspx pages were having any effect on what showed in the browser.
When I look at the design view of the pages they look correct, when I
view in a browser, they look as they had looked before I was making
changes today. I'm not sure what I did to produce these symptoms. I
have tried to delete my local copy of the solution and the web cache
of the project, then rebuilding the project. I have tried deleting
the project .dll and rebuilding the project.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

Alvin Bruney

I've seen this happen. I did a combination of the following and one worked.
Must have been the phase of the moon :)

stop application pool. stop iis. close visual studio. open internet explorer
and delete temporary files and cookies and then turn them back on.

Ryan McLean

I forgot to tell you thank you for the reply. I have heard similar
findings, usually consisting of planetary alignment :)

In this case, the server cache had to be cleared in here:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

Thanks again, have a nice Thanksgiving!

Ryan