Problem with authentication

David

Hi,

I am using authentication on one of my projects. I have a login page.

If I authenticate on for example www.ashfieldfocus.com (note, my project is
not on here...), everything seems to work fine.

I have a pop-up. The pop-up also has the full url, e.g.
www.ashfieldfocus.com. Now, this has a pop-up off of that. The URL for the
latest pop-up is taken from the database. For reasons, I have the short name
for that, i.e. ashfieldfocus.com instead. (Note, no www.)

I would have expected the authentication token to pass, but it doesn't. Any
ideas?

I want the whole site to be accessible either by www.ashfieldfocus.com or
ashfieldfocus.com. This is the reason that I only store the short domain in
the database.

Any ideas?
--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.

Kevin Spencer

This is a host name issue. The web server domain must be configured to
accept either form for the same IP address.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP