Problem with authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David, Apr 25, 2007.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Hi,

    I am using authentication on one of my projects. I have a login page.

    If I authenticate on for example www.ashfieldfocus.com (note, my project is
    not on here...), everything seems to work fine.

    I have a pop-up. The pop-up also has the full url, e.g.
    www.ashfieldfocus.com. Now, this has a pop-up off of that. The URL for the
    latest pop-up is taken from the database. For reasons, I have the short name
    for that, i.e. ashfieldfocus.com instead. (Note, no www.)

    I would have expected the authentication token to pass, but it doesn't. Any
    ideas?

    I want the whole site to be accessible either by www.ashfieldfocus.com or
    ashfieldfocus.com. This is the reason that I only store the short domain in
    the database.

    Any ideas?
    --
    Best regards,
    Dave Colliver.

    David, Apr 25, 2007

  2. This is a host name issue. The web server domain must be configured to
    accept either form for the same IP address.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP

    Printing Components, Email Components,
    http://www.miradyne.net

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 25, 2007

  3. David

    David Guest

    I can (and do) use both names to access the site (www. and no www.), so I
    don't think that is the issue, unless it needs to be configured a certain
    way. If it is configuration, call you let me know how it should be
    configured?

    --
    Best regards,
    Dave Colliver.