Problem with CDONTS sending mail to Lotus and MS Exchange.

Pav

Hi,

I am developing a small Intranet web application which needs to send
mails to our coporate Ids.

I am using CDONTS, But my mails never leave Que folder. Not able to
find out what the problem is . please help

1) I am very new to SMTP configiration on my own Windows XP PC. How
do I configure to send mails. We Use Lotus Notes as our mail. Please
help. On my machine, I have only Lotus notes. I do not have Out look.
me with some documents with this subject.
Still some guys in our company use Exchange. So my ASP should be able
to send mail to both.
2) I am sure there is nothing wrong with my code. Suggest me if there
is something wrong with this.
<QUOTE>Set mail =
Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
mail.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
mail.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
mail.Subject = "Test"
mail.Body = "This is a New test1"
mail.Send
'response.write(mail)
set mail=Nothing </QUOTE>
Please help

ThatsIT.com.au

Pav said:
Hi, Thanks for the response. I tried this. This is not working.

I think some problem with the SMTP Setting on my Windows XP Machine.
BTW, Whats the name of the emial server I need to use. Would it be my
local system name or the remore Lotus Notes server name. Please help.

i no nothing about lotus notes.

there is a diference if you have Exchage on your macine, but since you are
using XP that is not the case.

You can either send via the pickup folder or via the SMTP server.

here is a example of both
http://dev.thatsit.net.au/samples/wsh/thatsit/messaging/sendemailWithDelveryReceipt.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286430