Problem with CDONTS sending mail to Lotus and MS Exchange.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Pav, Feb 8, 2007.

  1. Pav

    Pav Guest

    Hi,

    I am developing a small Intranet web application which needs to send
    mails to our coporate Ids.

    I am using CDONTS, But my mails never leave Que folder. Not able to
    find out what the problem is . please help

    1) I am very new to SMTP configiration on my own Windows XP PC. How
    do I configure to send mails. We Use Lotus Notes as our mail. Please
    help. On my machine, I have only Lotus notes. I do not have Out look.
    me with some documents with this subject.
    Still some guys in our company use Exchange. So my ASP should be able
    to send mail to both.
    2) I am sure there is nothing wrong with my code. Suggest me if there
    is something wrong with this.
    <QUOTE>Set mail =
    Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
    mail.From = ""
    mail.To = ""
    mail.Subject = "Test"
    mail.Body = "This is a New test1"
    mail.Send
    'response.write(mail)
    set mail=Nothing </QUOTE>
    Please help
    Pav, Feb 8, 2007

  2. Here you go

    http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/email/how-do-i-send-e-mail-with-cdo.html

    ThatsIT.com.au, Feb 9, 2007

  3. Pav

    Pav Guest

    On Feb 9, 8:03 pm, "ThatsIT.com.au" <slim@thatsIT> wrote:
    > Here you go
    >
    > http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/email/how-do-i-send-e-mail-with-cdo.html
    >
    > "Pav" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi,

    > > I am developing a small Intranet web application which needs to send
    > > mails to our coporate Ids.

    > > I am using CDONTS, But my mails never leave Que folder. Not able to
    > > find out what the problem is . please help

    > > 1) I am very new to SMTP configiration on my own Windows XP PC. How
    > > do I configure to send mails. We Use Lotus Notes as our mail. Please
    > > help. On my machine, I have only Lotus notes. I do not have Out look.
    > > me with some documents with this subject.
    > > Still some guys in our company use Exchange. So my ASP should be able
    > > to send mail to both.
    > > 2) I am sure there is nothing wrong with my code. Suggest me if there
    > > is something wrong with this.
    > > <QUOTE>Set mail =
    > > Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
    > > mail.From = ""
    > > mail.To = ""
    > > mail.Subject = "Test"
    > > mail.Body = "This is a New test1"
    > > mail.Send
    > > 'response.write(mail)
    > > set mail=Nothing </QUOTE>
    > > Please help- Hide quoted text -

    Hi, Thanks for the response. I tried this. This is not working.

    I think some problem with the SMTP Setting on my Windows XP Machine.
    BTW, Whats the name of the emial server I need to use. Would it be my
    local system name or the remore Lotus Notes server name. Please help.
    Pav, Feb 9, 2007
  4. "Pav" <> wrote in message
    > On Feb 9, 8:03 pm, "ThatsIT.com.au" <slim@thatsIT> wrote:
    >> Here you go
    >>
    >> http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/email/how-do-i-send-e-mail-with-cdo.html
    >>
    >> "Pav" <> wrote in message

    >> > Hi,

    >> > I am developing a small Intranet web application which needs to send
    >> > mails to our coporate Ids.

    >> > I am using CDONTS, But my mails never leave Que folder. Not able to
    >> > find out what the problem is . please help

    >> > 1) I am very new to SMTP configiration on my own Windows XP PC. How
    >> > do I configure to send mails. We Use Lotus Notes as our mail. Please
    >> > help. On my machine, I have only Lotus notes. I do not have Out look.
    >> > me with some documents with this subject.
    >> > Still some guys in our company use Exchange. So my ASP should be able
    >> > to send mail to both.
    >> > 2) I am sure there is nothing wrong with my code. Suggest me if there
    >> > is something wrong with this.
    >> > <QUOTE>Set mail =
    >> > Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
    >> > mail.From = ""
    >> > mail.To = ""
    >> > mail.Subject = "Test"
    >> > mail.Body = "This is a New test1"
    >> > mail.Send
    >> > 'response.write(mail)
    >> > set mail=Nothing </QUOTE>
    >> > Please help- Hide quoted text -

    > Hi, Thanks for the response. I tried this. This is not working.
    >
    > I think some problem with the SMTP Setting on my Windows XP Machine.
    > BTW, Whats the name of the emial server I need to use. Would it be my
    > local system name or the remore Lotus Notes server name. Please help.

    i no nothing about lotus notes.

    there is a diference if you have Exchage on your macine, but since you are
    using XP that is not the case.

    You can either send via the pickup folder or via the SMTP server.

    here is a example of both
    http://dev.thatsit.net.au/samples/wsh/thatsit/messaging/sendemailWithDelveryReceipt.asp
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286430
    ThatsIT.com.au, Feb 10, 2007