problem with charsets

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by b.Wurm, Jun 6, 2005.

  1. b.Wurm

    b.Wurm Guest

    hello newsgroup!

    I've got a from a user entered string that looks like that:

    halČsdldfj

    now I want to send a Textmail with this string as bodytext. Therefore I've
    to convert the Č to the correct sign (C).
    How can I convert this sign and add it to a mail with the correct charset.

    At this Example it is a Czech sign. So I tried to set:

    Session.CodePage = 28592
    Session.LCID = 11274
    Response.CharSet = "iso-8859-2"

    iStart = 1
    Do While iStart > 0
    iStart = Instr(iStart, sReturn, "&#")
    If iStart > 0 Then
    iEnd = Instr(iStart, sReturn, ";")

    If iEnd > 0 Then
    sVal = Mid(sReturn, iStart + 2, iEnd - iStart - 2 )
    sReturn = Replace(sReturn, "&#" & sVal & ";", ChrW(sVal))
    iStart = Instr(1, sReturn, "&#")
    Else
    iStart = 0
    End If
    End If

    Loop

    but it doesn't work correct! There only is an normal C and not a C

    can anybody help me please?!

    thx
    b.wurm

    b.Wurm, Jun 6, 2005