Problem with CheckListBox

Mau

I have a big problem with the CheckListBox control:
if I disable it and the I enable it I loose
selection (checking) , why?
There is a way to solve this?

Tanks

Here some code:

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>
<script runat="server">

void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {
CheckBoxList1.Enabled= false;
}

void Button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {
CheckBoxList1.Enabled= true;
}

void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {
if (!IsPostBack)
{
CheckBoxList1.Items.Add ("1");
CheckBoxList1.Items.Add ("2");
CheckBoxList1.Items.Add ("3");

</script>
<head>
</head>
<form runat="server">
<asp:CheckBoxList id="CheckBoxList1"
runat="server"></asp:CheckBoxList>
<asp:Button id="Button1" onclick="Button1_Click" runat="server"
Text="Disable"></asp:Button>
<asp:Button id="Button2" onclick="Button2_Click" runat="server"
Text="Enable"></asp:Button>
</form>

Mau

It's the browser that doesn't post the values of any disabled controls.
The
same happens if you disable a TextBox, RadioButton, etc. It is by design.

So, there is no solution?
:-(

Martin Dechev

Hi,

Mau said:
design.

So, there is no solution?
:-(

Did you read the knowlege base article at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=287738 ? There is a resolution for the
problem which involves some client-side scripting. Another approach may be
storing the selected index in the ViewState when you disable the control and
then setting it back when you enable the control.

Greetings
Martin