problem with cheetah

mlowicki

Hi!, i get such error when I try to install cheetah:

sudo easy_install cheetah
Searching for cheetah
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/cheetah/
Reading http://www.CheetahTemplate.org/
Reading http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=28961
Reading http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/
Best match: Cheetah 2.4.1.linux-x86-64
Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6...4.tar.gz#md5=98cda0e846db7988f43a6b2acf00a527
Processing Cheetah-2.4.1.linux-x86_64.tar.gz
error: Couldn't find a setup script in /tmp/easy_install-uv6Ms_/
Cheetah-2.4.1.linux-x86_64.tar.gz

Diez B. Roggisch

mlowicki said:
Hi!, i get such error when I try to install cheetah:

sudo easy_install cheetah
Searching for cheetah
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/cheetah/
Reading http://www.CheetahTemplate.org/
Reading http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=28961
Reading http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/
Best match: Cheetah 2.4.1.linux-x86-64
Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6...4.tar.gz#md5=98cda0e846db7988f43a6b2acf00a527
Processing Cheetah-2.4.1.linux-x86_64.tar.gz
error: Couldn't find a setup script in /tmp/easy_install-uv6Ms_/
Cheetah-2.4.1.linux-x86_64.tar.gz

I don't know who created that package, but after downloading and listing
it's contents it seems it is not a proper python egg or source distribution.

Try to download cheetah yourself from here:

http://pypi.python.org/packages/sou...0.tar.gz#md5=873f5440676355512f176fc4ac01011e

Extract & build it your own, with

source-package $ sudo easy_install .

Diez

mlowicki

http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/C/Cheetah/Cheetah-2.4.0.tar.gz...

Extract & build it your own, with

source-package $ sudo easy_install .

Diez

Thanks Diez!
when I run:
sudo easy_install http://pypi.python.org/packages/sou...0.tar.gz#md5=873f5440676355512f176fc4ac01011e

it works. By I need also put Cheetah to install_requires in setup.py
like this:

setup(
name="django-yuidoc",
version="0.1",
zip_safe=False,
packages=find_packages(),
install_requires=["setuptools",
"Pygments",
"SimpleJSON",
"Cheetah",
],
)

and install this package with buildout but I get "error: Couldn't find
a setup script [...]" and workaround with pass the url doesn't work
with here (An internal error occured due to a bug in either
zc.buildout or in a recipe being used)