    Processing Cheetah-2.4.1.linux-x86_64.tar.gz
    error: Couldn't find a setup script in /tmp/easy_install-uv6Ms_/
    Cheetah-2.4.1.linux-x86_64.tar.gz
    mlowicki, Dec 20, 2009

  2. mlowicki schrieb:
    > Hi!, i get such error when I try to install cheetah:
    >
    > sudo easy_install cheetah
    > Searching for cheetah
    > Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/cheetah/
    > Reading http://www.CheetahTemplate.org/
    > Reading http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=28961
    > Reading http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/
    > Best match: Cheetah 2.4.1.linux-x86-64
    > Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6...4.tar.gz#md5=98cda0e846db7988f43a6b2acf00a527
    > Processing Cheetah-2.4.1.linux-x86_64.tar.gz
    > error: Couldn't find a setup script in /tmp/easy_install-uv6Ms_/
    > Cheetah-2.4.1.linux-x86_64.tar.gz

    I don't know who created that package, but after downloading and listing
    it's contents it seems it is not a proper python egg or source distribution.

    Try to download cheetah yourself from here:

    http://pypi.python.org/packages/sou...0.tar.gz#md5=873f5440676355512f176fc4ac01011e

    Extract & build it your own, with

    source-package $ sudo easy_install .

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, Dec 20, 2009

  3. mlowicki

    mlowicki Guest

    On Dec 20, 4:54 pm, "Diez B. Roggisch" <> wrote:
    > mlowicki schrieb:
    >
    > > Hi!, i get such error when I try to install cheetah:

    > > sudo easy_install cheetah
    > > Searching for cheetah
    > > Readinghttp://pypi.python.org/simple/cheetah/
    > > Readinghttp://www.CheetahTemplate.org/
    > > Readinghttp://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=28961
    > > Readinghttp://www.cheetahtemplate.org/
    > > Best match: Cheetah 2.4.1.linux-x86-64
    > > Downloadinghttp://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6/C/Cheetah/Cheetah-2.4.1.linux-x86...
    > > Processing Cheetah-2.4.1.linux-x86_64.tar.gz
    > > error: Couldn't find a setup script in /tmp/easy_install-uv6Ms_/
    > > Cheetah-2.4.1.linux-x86_64.tar.gz

    > I don't know who created that package, but after downloading and listing
    > it's contents it seems it is not a proper python egg or source distribution.
    >
    > Try to download cheetah yourself from here:
    >
    > http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/C/Cheetah/Cheetah-2.4.0.tar.gz...
    >
    > Extract & build it your own, with
    >
    > source-package $ sudo easy_install .
    >
    > Diez

    Thanks Diez!
    when I run:
    sudo easy_install http://pypi.python.org/packages/sou...0.tar.gz#md5=873f5440676355512f176fc4ac01011e

    it works. By I need also put Cheetah to install_requires in setup.py
    like this:

    setup(
    name="django-yuidoc",
    version="0.1",
    zip_safe=False,
    packages=find_packages(),
    install_requires=["setuptools",
    "Pygments",
    "SimpleJSON",
    "Cheetah",
    ],
    )

    and install this package with buildout but I get "error: Couldn't find
    a setup script [...]" and workaround with pass the url doesn't work
    with here (An internal error occured due to a bug in either
    zc.buildout or in a recipe being used)
    mlowicki, Dec 20, 2009
  4. mlowicki

    Aahz Guest