problem with cid/sid in XML?

Discussion in 'XML' started by HackerisNewKnight, Sep 4, 2007.

  1. Hello,
    I need to extract data from xml fayl but the XML stracture is not
    usual,
    it look like this:

    <VALUES description="SCI TEST" localdatalen="1036" revize="4.0
    [3507749146]" savestatistic="no">
    <SIBValues Id="1">
    <ReferencedVariable Name="LegToCharge">
    <Data Type1="value" Value1="1"/>
    </ReferencedVariable>
    <ReferencedVariable Name="BackwardChargeIndicator">
    <Data Type1="value" Value1="1" />
    </ReferencedVariable>
    <ReferencedVariable Name="BeforeAnswerInitialPresent">
    <Data Type1="value" Value1="char" Type2="cid" Value2="B" />
    </ReferencedVariable>
    <ReferencedVariable Name="BeforeAnswerInitial">
    <Data Type1="value" Value1="OctetString" Type2="cid"
    Value2="BBBBBBBBBBBBBB" />
    </SIBValues>
    </VALUES>

    Anyone has any idea why cid is being uded for? what does it do? what
    is that for?

    thanks
    HackerisNewKnight, Sep 4, 2007

  2. HackerisNewKnight wrote:
    > I need to extract data from xml fayl but the XML stracture is not
    > usual,

    I'm not sure what you think is unusual.

    > Anyone has any idea why cid is being uded for? what does it do? what
    > is that for?

    Remember, XML is pure syntax. The semantics are defined by the
    applications that create and use that particular XML file. You haven't
    told us where this XML came from, so we have no way of telling you what
    any part of it actually means.

    Joseph Kesselman, Sep 4, 2007

  3. On Sep 4, 4:29 pm, Joseph Kesselman <>
    wrote:
    > HackerisNewKnight wrote:
    > > I need to extract data from xml fayl but the XML stracture is not
    > > usual,

    > I'm not sure what you think is unusual.
    >
    > > Anyone has any idea why cid is being uded for? what does it do? what
    > > is that for?

    > Remember, XML is pure syntax. The semantics are defined by the
    > applications that create and use that particular XML file. You haven't
    > told us where this XML came from, so we have no way of telling you what
    > any part of it actually means.
    >
    > --
    > Joe Kesselman / Beware the fury of a patient man. -- John Dryden

    Hello,
    Usual XML is for me like this:
    example:
    <datas>
    <a>usual</a>
    <b>XML</b>
    </datas>

    The XMl file came from my friend, he asked me for help, but i
    couldnt extract date from that, even i have no idea what the parametrs
    are

    maybe my knowledge of XMl is not enough.
    could anyone help me how to get data from it? is there any XMLparser
    class?
    HackerisNewKnight, Sep 4, 2007

    Clearly. Start with some of the basic tutorials at http://www.ibm.com/xml

    Joseph Kesselman, Sep 4, 2007