problem with code - and code wariors

thedarkman

Thank you for both your attention and your non-assistance.

For me, HTML is a means to an end, not an end in itself; I don't even
know what the acronym CCS means. You will notice my website has been
around for over ten years. I have achieved that longevity with my
ignorance of code; my main concern is to expose the ignorance of
others in fields where it means something. HTML is not one of those
fields. For me.

I didn't notice I was using Firefox at the time, and indeed it renders
OK in IE.

But, I took the code for Lady Godiva, copied and pasted it to the
limerick below, and altered the words Lady Godiva to Mork The Po-Lack.
And I am still seeing black all the way down with no red titles.

Obviously while you are capable of picking out hundreds of errors on
my page you are incapable - all of you - for providing me with one
tiny piece of code that will achieve the effect I want - red in titles
all the way down in Firefox.

I should have known better than to ask.

Have a nice day.

DLU

[...]

You seem to have missed the information everyone was trying to give you.
The code on the page is so mucked up, that it is almost unreadable.
Picking out the one flaw you want to correct, actually requires a basic
overhaul of your page. They ran it through the HTMl verifier and it is
full of junk that is not necessary.

If you do not know what CSS is, and you want to run a website, then you
need to do some work on it. You come here asking people who do spend
time and knowledge to help people, and you take it as an insult. You
want free information and then complain about it, so maybe you can go
pay someone instead.

--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *

Jukka K. Korpela

thedarkman said:
Thank you for both your attention and your non-assistance.

Thank you for your visit to alt.html and especially for leaving it, which
seems to be what you are declaring.
Obviously while you are capable of picking out hundreds of errors on
my page you are incapable - all of you - for providing me with one
tiny piece of code that will achieve the effect I want - red in titles
all the way down in Firefox.

You have apparently then missed my advice. You didn't even need to know what
"CSS" means to implement it. It is true that people criticized your page
partly on wrong grounds (they did not actually look at its HTML markup but
at something else). It is also true that your markup is grossly malformed
and it is mostly a miracle that the page did not fail fatally earlier.

On the other hand, a fairly simple change would have removed the worst
problem. You have the right to ignore all good and bad advice that seems to
exceed your expected trouble of solving your problem.

The only suggestion I've left now is that you throw yourself on the floor
and scream how unjust alt.html and the world are.

Irina Rempt

thedarkman said:
I don't even
know what the acronym CCS means.

I don't know either; I do know that CSS means "Cascading Style Sheets"/

Sheesh, being stupid is not something to take pride in.

Irina

rf

Fairly typical quoting style for a bloody google grouper.
Obviously while you are capable of picking out hundreds of errors on
my page you are incapable - all of you - for providing me with one
tiny piece of code that will achieve the effect I want - red in titles
all the way down in Firefox.

We did. Several times.
I should have known better than to ask.

Thankyou for being in ungrateful bastard.

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out.

Denis McMahon

Fairly typical quoting style for a bloody google grouper.

We did. Several times.

open fonts: 107; open bolds: 45; total: 152

That's how many unclosed <b> and <font> elements there are at the line
in question. I imagine that some internal stack in firefox falls over as
a result of either or both or the combination of those values.

Rgds

Denis McMahon