problem with code download file - two window file download

Sam --

Hi all
I've a problem
I write code for download a file.
Sometimes when I run the code, the window of "File Download" appears
I push the "open" button and the window of "File Download" appears
again
This happens in this situation
windows 2003 - IE version 6.0.3790.0

note:
If i comment the line
********
Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment;
filename=prova.xls")
*******
the problem does not happen but I cannot specify the name of the file

thanks
Sam --

'.......................................................................
System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

With Response
.Clear()
.ClearContent()
.ClearHeaders()

End With

Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment;
filename=prova.xls")
Response.Write("test")
Response.End()
Response.Flush()
End Sub

Guest

Hi Sam,
I noticed a similar problem some time ago on machines installed with open
office instead of MS office. So if you dont have MS Office installed on your
machine or Excel viewer then check it on another machine.
HTH
srini

Sam --

Hi Sam,
I noticed a similar problem some time ago on machines installed with open
office instead of MS office. So if you dont have MS Office installed on your
machine or Excel viewer then check it on another machine.
HTH
srini
I have two machine with windows 2003 - IE version 6.0.3790.0
One has Office 2002
The other machine does not have Office for nothing
The two machines have installed SQL Server 2000 - sp3

Sam --